Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fiddle Creek Campground (Orange River)

We had an early afternoon start today. Some of the members went on a canoe trip along the Orange River this morning. I decided not to go as I had a lot of organizing to do to make setting up camp a little easier.

Today’s travel saw us crossing the Orange River and then spending an hour or so clearing Namibia Customs. It was blazing hot waiting in line.

We travelled through countryside that was not unlike the US southwest, semi desert and very dry with rocky barren mountains on both sides of the road. We arrived at Fish River campsite and set up our tents and then headed for the Fish River Canyon for sunset viewing and supper. The view was spectacular and I got some great sunset shots. So far our meals have been great. If this keeps up, I am not going to lose an ounce of weight. It was dark when we got back to the campsite. I stayed up until about midnight chatting with some members. We were told that there were baboons in the park and to be careful with our belongings. I saw no baboons before retiring for the night. The next morning was to be a little different.

Most go.

No comments:

Post a Comment