Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chobe to Livingstone

We got a late start today as an optional game drive was available for this morning and the distance to Livingstone is only about 100 km.  I skipped the game drive as I had a lot of catching up to do with my blog and I felt that since I am slightly less than halfway through my trip, I will have plenty of other opportunities for game drives.

Those taking the game drive this morning got back about 10:00 and as soon as they arrived, had breakfast and we packed the truck and headed for the Zambia border which is only 10 km. away.

Crossing the border went smoothly and fairly quickly (about an hour) which is not always the case.  The Zambeze River separates Botswana and Zambia so we had to catch a ferry across the river before we hit Zambia Customs.  After clearing Customs we headed off to Livingstone and arrived at our campsite at the Waterfront Lodge in time for lunch.  After lunch the hotel did a presentation covering some of the sights and activities that are available in and around Livingstone.  We then set about trying to decide what we should do over the next few days.  All the activities are optional and include bungee jumping, whitewater rafting, walking with lions, elephant riding safaris, helicopter rides and many other cultural activities.

I opted for the Walking with Lions excursion, Devils Pool with Dinner excursion, and the helicopter flight over the falls.

The Walking with Lions excursion is tomorrow morning.  At noon I will take in the Devils Pool swim, and the helicopter trip I take on Saturday morning.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment